- To attempt to snow sail on the Polar Plate.
- To prove that snow/ ice sailing and wind powered travel is a viable and an environmentally friendly means of travel and transportation in Antarctica.
- To raise funds to support the Leukaemia Foundation of Queensland.
- To challenge the current world record for distance covered wind powered in a 24 hour period in Antarctica.
- To monitor wind speed, snow sailer speed, and surface roughness to gain some insight into snow/ice friction.
- To engage with school students. There is a push to increase science, engineering and technology education in Australia and this expedition ticks all those boxes, thereby appealing to tomorrow’s generation of leaders.
Charles Werb"My mind went into overdrive until the day that a specific opportunity presented itself to me. Why not attempt to snow sail......"
Learn more about Charles
Ride For LeukaemiaThe Outer Edge Polar Challenge, Ride for Leukaemia aims to raise funds for the Leukaemia Foundation of Australia. We encourage you to donate 1c, 10c, 20c, 50c or even $1.00 for every kilometre I cover in Antarctica. Please donate generously to help us raise as much as we can especially during our world record attempt……..
Charles Werb - Expedition Founder | Ph: | Email: