Donate to the Outer Edge Polar Challenge Ride for Leukaemia! Raising much needed funds for the Leukaemia Foundation of Queensland. Donate today through Everyday Hero.
WHAT IS THE OUTER EDGE POLAR CHALLENGE – Ride for Leukaemia?
In February 2016, the Outer Edge Magazine team will depart on the journey of a lifetime – a world record attempt in Antarctica! The Outer Edge Polar Challenge – Ride for Leukaemia.
- To snow sail solo on the Antarctic polar plateau.
- To prove that snow/ ice sailing and wind powered travel is a viable and environmentally friendly means of travel and transportation in Antarctica.
- To raise funds to support the Leukaemia Foundation.
- To challenge the current world record for distance covered unassisted and wind powered in a 24-hour period in Antarctica.
- To monitor wind speed, snow sailor speed, surface roughness to gain some insight into snow/ice friction.
- To engage with school students. There is a push to increase science, engineering and technology education in Australia and this expedition ticks all those boxes, thereby appealing to tomorrow’s generation of subscribers and/or their parents.
Charles Werb – Polar Challenge founder and owner and Managing Director of Adventure Publishing Pty Ltd.
We are honoured to announce that Ranulph Fienes, descirbed by The Guiness Book of Records as “the world’s greatest living exploer”, has signed up as the Outer Edge Polar Challenge, Ride for Leukaemia’s expedition Patron. Ranulph Fiennes has broken many world records and led many expeditions to the globes remote regions.
OUTER EDGE MAG
Check out edition 46. Free online.
You can find out more about the challenge on our website www.outeredgepolarchallenge.com.au and please contact Charles Werb to arrange interviews and stories or for further information about the launch – phone 0418 984 019 or email email@example.com.
Charles Werb"My mind went into overdrive until the day that a specific opportunity presented itself to me. Why not attempt to snow sail......"
Learn more about Charles
Ride For LeukaemiaThe Outer Edge Polar Challenge, Ride for Leukaemia aims to raise funds for the Leukaemia Foundation of Australia. We encourage you to donate 1c, 10c, 20c, 50c or even $1.00 for every kilometre I cover in Antarctica. Please donate generously to help us raise as much as we can especially during our world record attempt……..
Charles Werb - Expedition Founder | Ph: | Email: